Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Lyle Owerko

I though Lyle Owerko was very inspirational. After listening to his lecture, I felt like I could go out there and do anything!

I really liked what he said about music being an inspiration, because I love listening to music while I'm working. Silence does nothing for me. I also really liked his pictures of the Norway Traffic Tunnels.

Also, what he said about design being a language, the universal language anyone can understand really inspired me to want to get out to the real world and start working already.

There were two projects of his I particularly liked, one being the pictures of the nomadic Nambian tribe and the second being the notebook he keeps and adds in everyday. The pictures of the tribe made me see that working as artists can really contribute to society as a whole. And the notebook inspired me to update my own notebook, which I hadn't updated since I started this semester.

No comments: