Thursday, September 11, 2008

Down With Helvetica: Design Your Own Font

Article link: Down With Helvetica: Design Your Own Font

This article is about companies and clients who make custom fonts or prefer them. One of the main websites they talk about is FontStruct, a website where users can create fonts in their own browsers. When they're finished, they can download the font onto their computer and actually use it.

While I'm not a typographer or a huge font fanatic, I do have a small collection of them on my personal computer, and I'm both happy and awed at the fact that there is a website (a free one!) that lets you design your own fonts. I can't wait to try it out for myself. The idea of having this available to so many people (anyone that can access the web, anyway) is astounding as it lets people who have wanted to try to create their own fonts, but couldn't because they didn't know how to, or couldn't afford the software.

No comments: