Thursday, September 25, 2008

In the Penthouse, a True Garden Apartment

Article Link: In the Penthouse, a True Garden Apartment

This article is about two Yale professors, Joel Sanders and Diana Balmori, living in an apartment in Lower Manhattan, and turning it into an experiment of sorts on how nature reacts with architecture. They also teach a class together called "Interface" about integrating architecture and landscape design.

I think this is great. Not only does it give your home a unique look, but sometimes I feel as if nature is slipping away as more buildings are built throughout the world, and it's just amazing to know that there are people are working to integrate plants and buildings together. Plus I've always loved the way vines looked on brick.

My only problem is that all these plants no doubtably need a lot of care, and I personally don't know that many gardeners who take care of a lot of plants, who also have full-time jobs to go to.

No comments: